White Buffalo Associates provides holistic consulting, education, training, and counseling in service to personal and collective evolutionary transformation, wellbeing, global justice, and values-driven servant leadership in the context of whole systems change.
Customized WBA consulting, counseling and educational or training services are collaborative, experiential, integral, grounded in both research and experience, and designed to help participants identify and address the current reality needs, challenges, and visions they consider important. Please contact us for further information.
Existing services offered as workshops, courses, retreats, and/or training events are also collaborative, operate from an integral perspective, incorporate diverse experiential learning opportunities, provide relevant information and/or research, and respect participant learning needs that align with the stated purpose of the event. Please check our Events Calendar for further information.
Primary Areas of Focus
Spirit – Consciousness, Worldviews, Integral Thinking, and Spirituality in a Global Context:
Transforming Consciousness and Worldviews; Developmental Theories; Evolving Spirituality and Faith; Spirituality and Counselling UK; Shamanism; and Divine Feminine an Feminist Spirituality
Purpose – Purpose, Direction, and Making a Difference in the World:
Compassion; Conscious Wellbeing, Aging and Dying; Human Potential and Science; Values-Based Transformational Leadership
Community – Co-Creating Compassionate Communities:
Social Artistry; Skills for Co-Creating Communities; Universal Humans and Globally Just Societies; and Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
Since the early 1990s, I have felt called to help retrieve spirit, purpose, and community – elements of what I consider the anima mundi, or world soul. This website attempts to explore these elements not only individually, but also as they weave together holistically. I have made these connections myself, but have drawn upon the wisdom, writings, insights, and guidance from many teachers in all realms.
During the Mystery School and Social Artistry trainings I’ve attended, Jean Houston has spoken about the dimensions of ‘I Am’, which I would connect to Spirit; ‘We Are’, which matches my sense of Community; and ‘This is Me’, which parallels my understanding of the unique Purpose or contribution each of us has to make. I think we have nested relationships with ourselves, others, and what we consider our Source.
Jean also has explored the dimensions and levels she has named Physical/Sensory, Historical/Psychological, Mythological/Symbolic, and Spiritual/Mystery. We ‘cook on all our burners’, as Jean says, when we engage our bodies, tune into our life stories and emotions, call upon the myths and symbols that are form a Larger Story we all share, and tap into the ‘juice’ that give us meaning and motivation.
As you explore this website, remember that some of the distinctions have been created to further understanding of individual components as they relate to an integral understanding described by Ken Wilber. Of interest to me here is that Wilber’s model shows the interconnectedness of individual and collective meaning with individual and collective behaviors, processes and systems. I think that is important.
I have tried to integrate in my life and work, but also throughout this website, many of these concepts and models briefly described above. We are individuals, but we are in relationship to others, and we can make a difference in the world. I invite you to reflect on your reaction to that statement and to what it evokes for you not only at this time in your life, but also at this most amazing era in the history of our planet.
White Buffalo Associates services are designed to:
- evoke a global paradigm of interconnectedness and concern for the systems nature of all life
- birth our consciousness as responsible Co-Creators of a Global Village
- reawaken Intuition as an Equal Partner and Guide for the Intellect
- call forth personal and collective dreams, visions, and actions needed for a just and sustainable future that serves the highest good of all life
- rediscover the sacred nature work that is aligned with our deepest values
- reflect upon the meaning and implications of liberation theology’s call for a ‘preferential option for the poor’, accompaniment, and attention to transforming structural oppression and violence
The White Buffalo Associates vision strives to:
- co-create presences and places that nurture personal and collective visions of a loving, compassionate, just, and sustainable planetary society with globally just leaders
- bring healing, hope, vision, and a sense of universal harmony and interconnectedness to an evolving and richly diverse society
- provide models and opportunities for co-creating and developing compassionate, just, forgiving, and sustainable living communities that serve the highest good of the evolving anima mundi
- facilitate, nurture, and support societal wellbeing physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually in making values-driven decisions that serve the highest good of self and all life