As this Charter Webithon moves across time zones, I’ll be speaking via video recording with my friend Suzanne, when the Webithon reaches Sydney, Australia. By the time it reaches the United Kingdom, I’ll be speaking via video recording with my friend Magdalene in Oxford, England. In each case, we’ll be sharing information about our compassion work. Check it out, if you’re interested.
Please check The Challenge Girl website for information about the course that Suzanne Mann and I will be co-facilitating. It runs from 2 September through 18 November at times that are compatible for people living in Australia and in the United Kindgom. See also: 7 August 2020 – Flyer for CIT with Suzanne and MCB.
As indicated, this course will run from 8 October through 10 December 2020. We’ve set times that are compatible for people throughout the USA and the United Kingdom. For more information and to register, see Kalen Consulting.
PAST (2019) WORKSHOPS
CELEBRATING THE CAILLEACH – CELTIC QUEEN OF WINTER
7 December 2019: During this Day Retreat, which will be held in Omaha, Nebraska, USA, we’ll learn about the Cailleach, a name given by the Scots to the Celtic Queen of Winter, who ushers in the Celtic New Year at Samhain (1 November) and invites all beings to reflect deeply, integrate their experiences and learnings from the past year, and/or replenish their spirits until the Call of Spring arouses them at Imbolc (1 – 2 February).
Together we’ll seek the wisdom of this Wise Woman/Hag/Crone to assist and guide us – using action methods, artistic expression, guided imagery, shamanic journeywork, story-telling, ceremony, and sharing of food to remember the interconnectedness of all life; honor the cycles of death and rebirth; allow for rituals of grieving, forgiving, and completing; and celebrate the fruits of our work, which can continue during the Festivals of Light observed in December by various religious/spiritual traditions.
To learn more and/or register, please contact MaryCatherine/Cathy at (402) 556-7426 or at email@example.com. Further details will be sent to registered participants.
18 – 20 June and 25-26 June 2019: CONSCIOUS AGING Series 1 – 4:30 p.m. each day
Held in June 2019 in Omaha, Nebraka, and comprised of eight sessions woven into five afternoon workshops over two weeks, this series included an introduction to Conscious Aging, self-compassion, forgiveness, life review, transformatitive practices, Death Makes Life Possible (also name of a film), surrender – letting go, and creating a new vision of aging. The Conscious Aging series is a program created by the Institute of Noetic Sciences. For more information about it, go to ‘Conscious Living’ under PURPOSE on this website.
1 – 3 March 2019 Workshop: THE RETURN OF THE HEROINE/HERO – Retrieving the Treasure and Returning to Serve, Heal, and Transform the Wasteland (#3 in Three-Part Series on THE POWER OF MYTH AND THE COMPASSIONATE JOURNEY OF THE HEROINE/HERO: Healing and Transforming Self and the Wasteland) 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day – bring your own lunch or eat at nearby restaurant.
Following The Call and Journey of the Heroine/Hero Workshops, held in 2018 to explore a mythic and sociometric model for healing and transforming ourselves and our world, this final workshop focuses on The Return of the Heroine/Hero. We again draw upon action methods and expressive arts, including the Sociometric Cycle, to help us explore:
- How the Heroine/Hero, who heard the Call and has travelled the Journey to retrieve the inner Treasure, discerns ways to Return home with the gifts of that transformational process;
- A ‘winter’ of compassionate self-care – attending to archetypes, values, visions, and right timing – as an opportunity to ponder and integrate transformational experiences individually and collectively;
- How the roles of Global Citizen and Social Artist might inspire us to nurture family and community, age consciously, share resources, and actively support the empowerment of all beings; and
- The power of joining with kindred spirits in a compassionate community of support for the pace of our own process, inspiration, encouragement, and celebration.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Identify and reflect upon the gifts they’ve received on the Journey – their Treasure;
- Interact compassionately with others in understanding how they might individually and collectively explore what it means to be Global Citizens and Social Artists;
- Access archetypes and roles in ways that can deepen their understanding of and experience with action methods and their use; and
- Reflect on how their learning might be incorporated personally and/or applied professionally after the workshop.
Though helpful, it is not necessary to have attended the previous two events. The focus of this workshop is on the Return, but the overall heroine/hero’s journey remains the context and will be incorporated into the workshop.
CEUs for LMHP and Training Hours applicable to certification by the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy (ABE): 18 hours.
PAST (2018) WORKSHOPS
4 – 6 May 2018 Workshop: Hearing the Heroine/Hero’s Call to Embrace a Spirituality that Faces Life, Death, the Feminine in Self and Society (Part #1 in the three-part series THE POWER OF MYTH AND THE COMPASSIONATE JOURNEY OF THE HEROINE/HERO: Healing and Transforming Self and the Wasteland) 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day – bring your own lunch or eat at nearby restaurant.
Starting with the Call, this first three-day non-residential workshop draws upon action methods and expressive arts to explore how Myth calls us to a Spirituality in that includes:
- Facing Life, Death, and the Feminine in Self and Society;
- Discovering the cycles and challenges embedded personally and collectively in the journey of the heroine/hero; and
- Learning how to deepen our compassion for self and others in preparing for this transformational process.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Identify and reflect upon their most recent Call;
- Interact compassionately with others in understanding that Call and the challenges inherent in it;
- Work with the Sociometric Wheel to explore their place in this process;
- Access roles that can deepen their understanding of and experience with action methods and their use; and
- Reflect on how their learning might be incorporated personally and/or professionally after the workshop.
Though helpful, it is not necessary to attend all three events. There are no pre-requisites for any of them, and the overall heroine/hero’s journey is incorporated into all three.
CEUs for LMHP and Training Hours applicable to certification by the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy (ABE): 18 hours
22 – 24 June 2018 Workshop: Answering the Call – Saying “Yes’ to the Journey of Spiritual Transformation (Part #2 in three-part series on THE POWER OF MYTH AND THE COMPASSIONATE JOURNEY OF THE HEROINE/HERO: Healing and Transforming Self and the Wasteland) 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Sunday – Bring your own lunch or eat at one of several nearby restaurants.
Following our May workshop’s focus on the Call, during this workshop, we explore phase two of the Heroine/Hero’s Journey – saying ‘Yes’ to the Journey of Spiritual Transformation (often called the Road of Trials) and:
- Experience leaving the familiar for the Lure of Becoming;
- Work more deeply with our fears and attitudes toward death, dying, loss, and grief;
- Explore and find strength, courage, inspiration, comfort, and joy in the values, guiding principles, beliefs, and spiritual/religious traditions we hold dear; and
- Welcome with gratitude the Compassionate Allies who show up to walk with us and support us.
Using the Sociometric Wheel and other resources to further explore their place in this process, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Choose whether they are ready to step over the Threshold onto the Road of Trials;
- Identify and work with their Compassionate Allies;
- Experience the support of a kindred spirit community; and
- Utilize transformational tools, including ceremony.
Throughout the workshop, there will be time to reflect upon choices, challenges, support, and process. Participants will be able to access roles that can deepen their understanding of and experience with action methods and their use. They also will reflect on how their learning during this retreat might be incorporated personally and/or professionally after returning home.
There are no pre-requisites for attending this workshop or the October workshop, which focuses on the Return.
CEUs for LMHP and Training Hours applicable to certification by the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy (ABE): 15 hours
27-28 October 2018 Workshop: The Power of Myth and the Compassionate Journey of the Heroine/Hero (Overview of the Entire Series) Collaboration with the Toronto Centre for Psychodrama and Sociometry (TCPS) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
In community with others, during this two-day workshop, we explored an overview of the mythic model of transformation, in which we sought to identify, accept, and move through these critical, yet exiting and challenging, times of paradigm shifts, upheavals, and ‘wasteland’ experiences. To do so, we followed the three primary phases of the heroine/hero’s transformational process: call, journey, and return. This workshop combined elements of the three separate workshops offered in Omaha during 2018. The linked flyer (immediately below) provides more information.
To register: Email TCPS firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about TCPS, visit their web site, which is http://www.tcps.on.ca.